Methi Paratha is a healthy and tasty paratha stuffed with fresh fenugreek/methi leaves and other spices. It is an ideal recipe for lunch boxes and a quick breakfast recipe for all.
Prep Time : 15 minutes
Cook Time : 10 minutes
Total Time : 25 minutes
Servings : 4 servings
Author : Soul Food Spree
Course : Rotis
- Handful of methi/fenugreek leaves
- 1 tsp jeera
- Pea sized tamarind
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 2 tbsp curd
- 1 big onion, finely chopped
- Salt as required
- Pea sized jaggery
- Rock salt as required
- In a bowl, add methi leaves, rock salt, pea sized jaggery, pea sized tamarind in water and boil it for 2 minutes.
- Into a mixing bowl, add 2 cup of wheat flour, add chopped onions, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, add salt as required, add 1 tsp jeera and mix all the ingredients well.
- Into this mixture, add just the boiled methi leaves removing all the other ingredients from the boiled ingredients and mix everything well.
- Add 2 tbsp curd, gradually add water and mix all the ingredients well until it’s 3/4th done.
- Leave the batter aside for 15 minutes, so that the water in onions release.
- Mix everything well and make sure the batter is of chapathi consistency.
- Roll the dough evenly without applying much pressure and sprinkle flour as needed, but don’t overdo as it might make the roti hard.
- On a hot tawa, place the rolled paratha and cook for a minute on medium flame.
- When the base is partly cooked, flip the methi paratha, also add some oil / ghee and cook until golden spots appear.
- Finally serve it hot with your favorite pickle.
Leave a Comment