No matter how many struggles we’ve faced in our past or how old you are, you can always start living a happier and healthier life this very moment by incorporating a few simple healthy habits in our everyday lifestyle.
Here are 10 ways to start off your journey to a happier and healthier life.
1. Make your Mental Health a priority : Mental health includes our emotional, psychological and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel and act. It can also help us determine how we handle stress, relate to others and make healthy choices. Mental health is important at every stage of our life whether it’s from childhood or from adolescence or through adulthood, it plays a major role in our lives. Please take care of yourself and get the most from life.
2. Connect with people : Talk to your family and friends, share your feelings with your closed ones. Spending quality time with the people you love the most can improve your happiness and there is nothing greater than this. Help people in need and be there for your loved ones.
3. Stay away from negative thoughts or negativity around you : Negative thoughts are often creations of a person’s imagination. Remind yourself that there is highly probability that it won’t happen the way you overthink. Try staying positive in these tough times because the more struggles you face the better future you are going to have. Surround yourself with the people you love the most and people who will motivate you to become a better version of you.
4. Everyday is a fresh start : What has happened has happened, don’t stay there itself and feel bad about it. It’s high time we move on in our lives from these irreversible situations and instead focus on what’s more important. Don’t hang on to situations that are not in our hands. Wake up to a new day with a fresh state of mind.
5. Eat clean, Drink plenty water and Stay active : Your brain needs a mix of nutrients in order to stay healthy and function well, just like the other organs in our body. A diet that’s good for our physical health is very important to stay healthy and fit. Getting enough water every day is important for our health. Drinking water can prevent dehydration, unclear thinking and mood changes. Making out time for exercise is a proven secret to a long, healthy life. It can also help relieve stress, as little as 15 minutes of daily physical activity can add three years to our lives.
6. Allocate some me time : Taking time for yourself is essential for resetting your brain, doing some thinking and reflecting on your life. Start with writing your thoughts in a journal, write one good thing you did everyday, retrospect on things you would want to improve and save all your memories either good or bad as this helps in molding ourselves into better people.
7. Relax, take some break : Don’t like something or what you are doing, get away from it for a while. Take a small break from it and do things that can calm you. Take a walk, listen to music, meditate or eat something you love. Go back to your work after you are all set to give your 100%.
8. Do things that make you happy : Love travelling or cooking or painting or singing or dancing or something else, you’re never too old to pursue a your passion. These things are both deeply enjoyable, and they give us immense pleasure. When we’re doing them, we feel both fun and joy in the moment, but also feel content with the person we want to be. Most time of our lives, we spend on doing something, why not spend this time on doing what we love and feel better about.
9. Get ample amount of sleep : According to me, sleep can solve any problem. Whether you have a bad mood, or you are stuck in a challenging situation, having enough sleep can you quickly change your mood and give you better solutions to any problem. A good night’s sleep is equivalent to a happy you. So make sure you sleep for atleast 7-8 hours a day.
10. Set small goals and work towards achieving them : Instead of planning your life for the next 10 years, plan for a better tomorrow. Think big but set small goals to achieve them. Small goals = Better results. Each small goal stacks up and before you know it, you’re just a few steps away from your dream. We have always heard about the quote slow and steady wins the race, instead let’s make it slow and steady with smart and small goals leads us to reaching our dreams.
Good habits are deeply beneficial. Why not work on making these positive habits a part of our routine? Hope I have given you some motivation to start off your journey towards a happy and healthy lifestyle. Just remember that everyone’s version of happiness is a little different, and so is their path to achieving it. Don’t follow someone or run behind success or don’t compare your life with others as everyone has their own struggles to face, instead focus on being the better version of you and having a peaceful life filled with your dreams and things you love the most.
Leave a Comment