Pav bhaji is an iconic dish from Mumbai and hugely popular all over India. Pav means bread rolls. Bhaji is the Marathi word for vegetables or a vegetable based dish (dry or gravy).
Prep Time : 20 minutes
Cook Time : 30 minutes
Total Time : 50 minutes
Servings : 4 servings
Author : Soul Food Spree
Course : Snacks
- 1 capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, boiled and finely chopped
- 50 g beans, boiled and finely chopped
- 50g peas, boiled
- 2 potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 10 pods garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- Rock salt as required
- 2 tbsp pav bhaji masala
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Veg stock
- Pav bun
- Boil 2 carrots, 50 g beans, 50 g peas and 2 potatoes. Mash the potatoes and keep it aside.
- Blend 10 pods ginger and 1 inch garlic into a fine paste.
- Into a pan, add 2 tbsp ghee, ginger garlic paste and mix everything well.
- Add 2 onions, 1 capsicum and saute it. Now add 2 tomatoes and mix everything well.
- Add all the boiled vegetables with the veg stock and mix everything well.
- Add mashed potatoes and mix everything.
- Now add 1 tbsp red chilli powder, 2 tbsp pav bhaji masala, rock salt as required and mix everything well. Add water to adjust the consistency.
- Add coriander for garnish. Now take pav bun, place it on a pan and add some ghee on top of it and roast it on both sides. Enjoy this dish.
Leave a Comment