Thapella Chekkalu are a great tea time, travel snack. They are very crispy crunchy and bit spicy. There are many variations in preparing this dish. This recipe is one of them.
Prep Time : 10 minutes
Cook Time : 20 minutes
Total Time : 30 minutes
Servings : 4 servings
Author : Soul Food Spree
Course : Snacks
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- Salt as required
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin
- 250g rice flour
- 2 tbsp channa dal, soaked
- Oil for deep fry
- Into a bowl, add 2 onions, 2 green chillies, 2 tbsp channa dal, 1 tsp jeera, salt as required and 250g rice flour.
- Mix all the ingredients well. Add water as required and knead to smooth and soft dough.
- Now grease the plastic sheet with oil, alternatively use butter paper or banana leaf.
- Pinch a small ball sized dough. Further, flatten over greased plastic sheet.
- Press gently, forming a slightly thin disk. Peel the chekkalu gently, and deep fry on medium hot oil.
- Fry until the chekkalu turn crisp and slightly golden for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy the dish.
Leave a Comment