Stuffed mirchi bajji are much popular in the states of Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka. Most people enjoy these during the monsoons. These are yummy street food snacks.
Prep Time : 5 minutes
Cook Time : 10 minutes
Total Time : 15 minutes
Servings : 2 servings
Author : Soul Food Spree
Course : Snacks
- 5 mirchi
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1 and 1/2 cup besan
- Salt as required
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Pinch of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp carom seeds(ajwain) powder
- 1 lemon
- Oil for deep fry
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Into a bowl, add 1 and 1/2 cup besan, 1 tbsp rice flour, salt as required, pinch of baking soda, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 1/4 tsp carom seeds powder and mix everything well.
- Gradually add water into the mixture and mix everything well. Make sure there are no lumps. Batter should be of flowy consistency.
- Cut the mirchi into half and remove the seeds. Now dip the green chilli and coat it with besan batter completely. Deep fry in hot oil dropping batter coated chillis slowly.
- Fry until the bajjis turn crisp and golden brown and take them into a plate.
- Slice the bajji in the centre and add chopped onions in between. Sprinkle red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and squeeze a lemon on the bajjis.
- Finally enjoy these yummy and hot mirchi bajji.