Murukulu also is known as Janthikulu is a very popular savory snack in South Indian cuisine. One of the best dishes to make for this Diwali. This is my mom's unique recipe. She learnt it from her mother.
Prep Time : 10 minutes
Cook Time : 15 minutes
Total Time : 25 minutes
Servings : 4 servings
Author : Soul Food Spree
Course : Snacks
- 500 g rice flour
- Oil for deep fry
- 2 tbsp hot ghee
- Handful of chilies
- 500 ml fermented curd
- Salt as required
- Into a blender, add handful of chilies, salt as required and blend it into a smooth mixture by adding water gradually.
- Take a bowl, add 500 g rice flour, 2 tbsp hot ghee, blended green chilli paste and mix all the ingredients well.
- Add 500 ml fermented curd and mix everything well until the mixture holds shape.
- Into a pan, add oil for deep fry.
- Take a star mould, add the mixture into the mould and slowly press the mould to release the dough into hot oil.
- Fry the muruku until it turns golden brown. Store it in an air tight container and you can savor the dish for a long time.